GMO’s are a hot topic in health and wellness today. Should you care if the corn, soy, or wheat that you consume is from a genetically modified crop? If so, how do GMO foods impact your reproductive health? What are the long term consequences to you and your children?
With the amount of conflicting information as to the safety of GMO foods who’s story do you believe?
We have put together this resource list that includes studies and reports on genetically altered foods and their impact on your health and wellness.
Learn About GMO’s And The Impact To Your Health and Reproductive Wellness.
Video: Genetic Roulette GMO Youtube
- Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases – Altered GMO crops with Roundup toxins ( fertility impact). Read the report at entropy
- GMO soy linked to Sterility and Infant Morality
- GM food toxins found in the blood of 93% of unborn babies
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1388888/GM-food-toxins-blood-93-unborn-babies.html#ixzz2ROtrFi2S
- A three-year longitudinal study on the effects of a diet containing genetically modified Bt176 maize on the health status and performance of sheep
Articles on genetically altered foods: Impacts on reproductive health, babies and children
- GM regulators chose ignorance over science A study showing the presence of GM pesticides in the blood points to the remarkable complacency of global safety regulators the guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jun/15/gm-regulators-pesticides-safety
see studies Journal Reproductive Toxicology
- Doctors Warn: Avoid Genetically Modified Food: read article:
- Genetically Modified Foods – Academy of Environmental Medicine
- Why babies and children are most vulnerable to GMO SAF baby.com
- Food Nation Radio Network Audio(food publication natural focus, lots of interviews): USDA Researcher admits there are problems with GMO’s
- Moms Across America (Label GMO’s campaign & awareness group): Corn Comparison: GMO vs. Non GMO
How to spot organic and “conventionally” grown produce by sticky label
On your produce, pay attention to the little sticky label. The number on the label tells you what it is vs. any marketing terms. We have all seen it…..”natural”….”healthy”, right? This does not necessarily mean organic, or GMO free. Did you know that producers are not required to disclose GMO so in theory they can label produce as organic even through it may be grown from GMO seeds.
Label numbers decoded:
- 4 digit numbers are conventionally produced
- 5 digit number beginning with a 8 is genetically modified.
- 5 digit number starting with a 9 is organic
If GMO’s Are Not Bad then…… Why are they fighting “Label GMO” efforts and allow the To Buy or Not To Buy consumer choice?
Common genetically modified foods.
Also keep in mind that packaged and processed foods may contain ingredients that are from gmo crops.
- Rapseed (canola oil)
- Dairy Products – Can contain dairy from cows injected with growth hormones or whom were feed with gmo containing feed which passes through into the product.
BIG List of GMO Products by type and manufacturer
You may be surprised by who and what is on the list from baby foods and formulas to every day items in your pantry.
See the list of GMO products by type, brand & manufacturer
You can also or download the pdf list by Center for food Safety
Good news is your voice matters:
While some products are heavily contesting and defeating labeling laws, all hope is not lost. Based on consumer demand, many retailers are now voluntarily starting to label (on shelves) which products are GMO free. Much like they have labeled organic and gluten free. This is great news.
Learn about: The Non-Gmo Project a opt’ed in Non-GMO product verification group.
Resource List for Non-GMO Foods by Type
Find Non-GMO Foods Certified Non-Gmo products list.
It may even be easier for you to see what is GMO Free verses having to remember a long list of GMO containing products.
In the end, it is up to you what you buy and eat. From a health and wellness standpoint, at San Diego Fertility Acupuncture, we do highly advocate for trying to eat as cleanly as possible……….not just for you, but for your future children as well.